Hawaii- Go East Young Man

Hawaii Years · Maui · Oahu · Kauai · The Open Pacific

Hero’s Journey · The ElixirGo East, Young Man

Horace Greeley said go west. I kept going—past the west, into the middle of the Pacific, where the story actually started.

Aloha TimeHunaHidden HandsLOSTOne Taste
Go to the Elixir

Prologue · Hawaii Years

The place changed. Then the place changed me.

Hawaii did not simply rearrange my address. It rearranged the furniture in my head. It slowed the clock, sharpened attention, and turned experience into the first deposit in what would later become the Time Bank.

01 · The Call

From Maui to Hollywood

After making my way from Maui to Oahu, I bought a car, turned it into my makeshift home, and sent my headshot to Hawaii Film Studios. They called me in. I did not get the role because I looked too much like the lead actor, but they offered me work as a stunt double.

Living in Hawaii created a space for personal exploration, oneness, and the mystical language of Huna—the practice of tapping into mana, Chi, and the life force beneath ordinary appearances.

Hidden Hands

Follow your bliss, Joseph Campbell said, and doors open where you did not know doors existed. Hawaii became the evidence.

EK Equation

Attention × Intention = Meaning

The islands did not give me more hours. They made each hour feel inhabited.

02 · Evidence

Photo Gallery

03 · The Logbook

Six Port Calls

Jump Ship and Say Aloha

A Merchant Marine turned adventurer traded structured life at sea for the spiritual call of the islands.

Banyan Trees and Promises

Under a Waikiki banyan, I made a promise: go for it, even without proof that success would follow.

From Car Seat to Call Sheet

A $100 SAAB became temporary shelter. A headshot became a call from Hawaii Film Studios.

Fire, Water, and Film Sets

Maritime training taught survival. Hawaii taught energy, harmony, mana, and presence.

Hollywood Hula

Learning by doing carried from the islands back to Los Angeles and onto a SAG contract.

Still on Island Time

I did not find fame. I found presence, enoughness, and a different measure of wealth.

04 · Dispatches

Companion Hawaii Stories

Open the Hawaii archive

05 · The Elixir

The First Deposit in the Time Bank

I learned it one deckhand shift at a time: time, not money, is the currency worth counting. Hawaii made the first deposit. The interest kept compounding through the South Pacific and across years of blue-ocean cruising.

The best things in life are not things. They are moments, freedom, attention, and time.

Time Millionaire Principle

Time + Attention = Life

Hawaii was not a detour. It was the operating system.

Final Reflection

The place changed. Then the place changed me.

One Taste was the elixir: not living forever, but living timelessly—and carrying that quality of presence into whatever horizon came next.

Go East, Young Man · Hawaii Years

Show up. Hug the tree. The rest will unfold.

Archive

Show more