@Sea-An I For An Island
Vegas Voyager Archive · Permanent Travel · Hotel @nyware
The ElixirFull Speed Ahead: Roam Sweet Roam
The high-stakes art of turning cruise ships into a home, future ports into anticipated memories, and limited resources into a life without a fixed address.
Naval Command Center
The Future Is Full of Possibilities
The Committee to Ascribe a Naval Origin to Everything is now in session.
Give me a wide berth. I am a loose cannon, three sheets to the wind. Anchors aweigh.
There are three sorts of people: those who are alive, those who are dead, and those who are at sea.
As long as I am on a ship, the future is full of possibilities. But if you want something great, you must also know how to limit yourself. Every open route cannot become the route.
I have not been everywhere, but it remains on the list. Nothing of importance happens accidentally in a life that keeps choosing movement.
A ship does not eliminate limits. It gives them a heading.
High-Stakes Philosophy
Anticipated Memories
I am not really choosing between experiences. I am choosing between memories of experiences.
Even when I imagine future vacations, I do not see the ports only as events waiting to happen. I see them as anticipated memories—future scenes already beginning to organize the present.
Normal people are told they need three things to travel: time, money, and opportunity.
As an abnormal person doing abnormal things, it has never been only about resources. It has been about resourcefulness.
I became the Bobby Fischer of resourcefulness, the Cosmo Kramer of planning, and the Curious George of predictable unpredictability.
No matter how low the budget bar gets, I manage to limbo beneath it. I am the Wilt Chamberlain of shoestring travel, putting up numbers the normal script was never designed to explain.
The Resourcefulness Equation
Constraint + Curiosity + Repetition = Permanent TravelJackpot Journeys
The 2011 World Cruise
If I do nothing unexpected, nothing unexpected happens.
Yet I am not simply seeking interesting surroundings. I am continually interested in whatever surrounds me.
The 2011 World Cruise became one of the most rewarding forms of introspection: a moving mirror and another stage of re-entry into Hotel @nyware.
It extended the break from Normal Life and made Permanent Travel—PT, or a sequence of mini-retirements—feel less like escape and more like an operating system.
Retrospect · The Persistence of Time
Los Angeles to London in 110 Days
The world cruise was not time away from life. It was a long enough interval to see the life I had been living.
Digital Casino
Anywhere Becomes @nyware
I have not been everywhere, but it is on my list.
As I document the round-the-world travelogue, I keep saying: Roam Sweet Roam.
Home is not where my heart is. Home is where my computer is.
I remain a digital nomad: location-neutral, working from the middle of nowhere while connected to the center of everything.
On the way to Sri Lanka, a reliable high-speed connection meant I could do much of what I would have done in the United States—only with different economies of scale and at a lower cost.
Hotel @nyware
Home Follows the Computer
The Location-Neutral Equation
Computer + Connection + Movement = Anywhere Becomes @nywareRetrospect · Hawaii
Helped by Hidden Hands
That is what we are supposed to do when we are at our best: make it all up—but make it up so truly that later it happens that way.
I showed up in Hawaii and magical things began to happen.
It all started with the simple decision to go.
Hawaii · Huna · Decision to Go
The Route Appeared After Movement
The place where the imagined route began answering back.
Open ArchiveMovement changes what the traveler can notice and receive.
Open StoryThe route did not begin with certainty. It began with departure.
Open StoryStatic Signal Board
The Old News Crawler, Rebuilt as Doctrine
Open the Eight Travel Signals
- 300 ports in 365 days.
- Hotel @nyware turns travel into a location-neutral operating system.
- Roam Sweet Roam: home follows the computer.
- The world cruise becomes a moving instrument of introspection.
- The Bobby Fischer of resourcefulness keeps finding the next move.
- I have not been everywhere, but it is still on the list.
- The Committee to Ascribe a Naval Origin to Everything remains in session.
- The Wilt Chamberlain of shoestring travel keeps putting up impossible numbers.
The travel archive demonstrates the manuscript's central doctrine: aligned movement can create returns that the ordinary map cannot price.
The cruise is not merely a destination machine. It is a repeated structure for attention and reflection.
The chapter asks what becomes possible when constraint is treated as navigation rather than deprivation.