Aloha, Mahalo and Hanging Loose in Hawaii
Ocean Field Note · Something To Always Remember
The Story of My Life. The Life of My Story.
By the ocean, with the Disney Dream over my shoulder, I realized that the stories I imagined and the life I was living had become the same voyage.
STAR Moment
I am having a “STAR moment”—Something To Always Remember—as I stand by the ocean with the Disney Dream over my shoulder.
01 · Once Upon a Time
Stories Were My Native Language
I have stories about the sea, cruising, and traveling. They are part of the creative struggle to generate a new future—and the energy necessary for change.
Storytelling is my native language. I am wired for stories. They shatter time and space and leap over technology, carrying me into authentic experiences that awaken stored information—learning—in a patterned way: living.
02 · Suddenly
Art Began Imitating Life
Like a shaman or an illusionist, the story of my life and the life of my story began to merge. The life I once imagined—populated with imaginary adventures and people—was becoming the life I was actually living.
Art does imitate life. The facts of my life became personal and human. The reward for experience was no longer simply wisdom. It was joy.
03 · Luckily
A Story Can Cross the Distance
The Holy Grail of storytelling is not merely telling a story well. It is hearing someone else tell your story to another person.
That is when a private experience becomes shared meaning. It is difficult to hate anyone whose story you know. Stories are the bedrock of empathy.
04 · Happily Ever After
The Template Became the Voyage
My blog posts have always followed four movements:
Once Upon a Time.
Suddenly.
Luckily.
And Happily Ever After.
Not because life is always tidy, but because stories help us recognize the turn: what was, what changed, what carried us through, and what became possible afterward.
Visual Archive · Walking on Water
Missed the Boat, But I’ll Go Down with the Ship
The sea was never only a backdrop. It became a recurring character—a place where travel, imagination, and identity kept meeting.
The Elixir · Truth Earned Through Experience
“Tell the truth. The only way of doing that is having life experiences and being a storyteller.”
The story matters. But the deeper gift is what the story makes possible: recognition, empathy, and the joy of seeing a life become meaning.